- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbs (30g) butter, melted
- 4 tbs almond flour
- 2 1/2 tbs brown rice flour
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 2-3 tbs sliced almonds
- Preheat oven 350 deg F (180C).
- Combine almond flour, brown rice flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- Pour in melted butter and mix.
- Stir in sliced almonds.
- Combine sliced apples, water, and lemon juice in a small pan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cook until apples are softened, but not completely cooked, and liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes. Transfer apples to baking dish.
- Top stewed apples with almond crumble.
- Place baking dish on a larger pan for easier handling and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool slightly. Serve warm with fresh whipped cream or ice cream!
- I used Gala apples which are sweeter than Granny Smith apples, but feel free to use whatever apples you like. You can even combine different varieties.
- I do not add sugar/sweetener to the apples while stewing them, but if you prefer a sweeter crumble, add according to your taste.
- You can substitute the brown rice flour with more almond flour for a flourless, low-carb version of this recipe.