This moist gluten-free banana bread needs very ripe bananas to achieve that great baked banana flavor and natural sweetness.
And by “very ripe”, I mean black spots on the skin and the banana almost peeling itself when you hold it!
This gluten-free banana bread is moist, delicious, and has the chew and texture of a “real” banana bread WITHOUT those ingredients!
Ingredients:Dry Ingredients (volume measurements in the Recipe Notes below):
- 140 g brown rice flour
- 80 g tapioca starch
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup full-fat Greek yogurt (light Greek yogurt would probably work as well)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 very ripe large bananas, mashed well
- Preheat oven 350 deg F (180 C).
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the Greek yogurt and maple syrup with a whisk.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the yogurt mixture and mix well with a whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well.
- Stir in the mashed bananas.
- Pour the batter into a parchment- lined loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 1 1/4 cup + 1 tsp brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbs + 1 tsp tapioca starch
- Please note that gluten-free recipes work best with weight measurements because they are more precise than volume measurements. Gluten-free baking requires more precision and can be less forgiving than baking with regular all-purpose wheat flour.
- These volume measurements were made from spooning each of the flours into the measuring cups/spoons (so they are not packed) and leveling them off.
- The volume measurements are approximate. Make slight adjustments to the recipe as needed, adding a bit more Greek yogurt or a bit more tapioca starch or brown rice flour to achieve the correct dough consistency.